As the brand marks its 50th anniversary, Shangri-La celebrates its ties to the region with its latest heart-warming campaign dubbed #WithHeart by honouring the passion and values that have driven the brand’s evolution and the rise of Asia through the stories of those who have lived this transformation.
The campaign will be brought to life through a six-episode collection of short films, all depicting the inspiring stories of young and passionate Asian culture makers, innovators, entrepreneurs and visionaries including:
- Kenneth Cobonpue, an award-winning furniture designer known for integrating nature, traditional crafts and innovative technologies, Kenneth’s home furniture showcases his respect for the environment and the Philippine islands where he grew up.
- Named Asia’s Best Female Chef by Asia’s 50 Best Restaurants, DeAille Tam is known for her inventive cuisine which fuses traditional Chinese flavours with Western cooking perspectives.
- Xiong Liang, the first Chinese illustrator shortlisted for the Hans Christian Andersen Award devoted to recreating Chinese folklore as picture books that introduce Chinese culture to children.
- Contemporary artist Red Hong Yi who followed her creative passions to build masterpieces with unexpected materials while evoking unique cultural sentiments that pay tribute to her heritage as Malaysian-Chinese.
- Haochen Zhang, world-renowned pianist who brings colourful Asian themes to his captivating piano concerto performances throughout Asia and across the globe.
- Huishan Zhang, a fashion designer renowned for his unique approach that marries Asian heritage and Western influences in his designs, he was named by Business of Fashion 500 as one of the major influences on the global fashion industry.
“As we reflect on 50 years of bringing the best of Asia to the world through our heartfelt hospitality, we wanted to showcase stories that embody the tradition, craftsmanship and passion of the region we call home,” said Hui Kuok, Chairman of Shangri-La Group.
“Asia has been through an incredible transformation, reinventing itself with unparalleled economic, cultural, and technological progress and a pioneering spirit that we share. Shangri-La is proud to have supported this growth. As we mark our anniversary, we want to bring to life the stories and that have made Asia what it is today. We are not just celebrating our past but looking towards the future as we embark on our next chapter.”
The short films will be released subsequently, with the first set to premiere November 19th. Additionally, Shangri-La is also inviting people to share what they do “with heart” for a chance to take their passions further and win exclusive Shangri-La prizes.
For more information about the #WithHeart campaign, to view the short film series and to hear from other passionate culture makers, visit www.shangri-la.com/50years.
Source: Shangri-La Group